Jagdish Vasudev, better known as Sadhguru is an Indian Yoga guru. He is the founder of Isha Foundation which is a non-profit spiritual foundation. Sadhguru is also a speaker at the United Nations. For his work, Sadhguru has been awarded Padma Vibhushan. Sadhguru also has started several campaigns like Rally for Rivers, Cauvery Calling, and Save Soil.
Life before fame:
Born in 1957, Sadhguru comes from humble beginnings. He graduated with a Bachelor’s in English from the University of Mysore. Following this, he started a small poultry farm, and while the construction of the farm, he also entered the construction business with a company named Buildaids. He later rented the farm, as it was a means to fund his travel desires.
Walk into the limelight:
Sadhguru taught his first yoga class in 1983. Following this, he started Isha Foundation in 1992. This foundation mostly works for spiritual and educational activities. He then went on to start various campaigns like Rally for Rivers, Cauvery Calling, and Save Soil.
- Inner Engineering: A Yogi’s Guide to Joy
- Karma: A Yogi’s Guide to Crafting Your Destiny
- Mystic’s Musings
- Death: An Inside Story
- Padma Vibhushan 2017
- Ranked 92 in The Indian Express’ list of 100 most powerful Indians in 2012
- Ranked 40 in India Today’s list of fifty most powerful Indians in 2019
Social Media Links:
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/sadhguru/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sadhguru
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/sadhgurujv
- Website: https://isha.sadhguru.org/