Ravi Shankar is an Indian yoga guru and a spiritual leader. Being frequently referred to as Sri, Guruji, or Gurudev, he also has been called the Ambassador of Peace. He is the founder of the Art of living foundation which is a volunteer-based, humanitarian, and educational non-governmental organization (NGO). Gurudev Sri Sri Ravi Shankar has been awarded Padma Vibhushan. Watching his videos calms your mind, makes you relax, and has a better understanding of life aspects.
Life before fame:
Sri Sri Ravi Shankar was born in 1956 in Tamil Nadu. Being a gifted child, he was able to recite the Bhagavad Gita. He was fond of meditation since then. He holds a degree in Bachelors of Science from Bengaluru University. During a 10-day meditation session, he came up with his trademark breathing technique, The Sudarshan Kriya. This turned out to be the center of his Art of Living teachings.
Walk into the limelight:
Gurudev taught his first Art of Living course in Switzerland in 1986. Following this, he also founded the International Association for Human Values (IAHV) for various social activities and to coordinate conflict resolution in association with The Art of Living. After this, he started the celebrated Project Welcome Home Troops which has provided life-changing trauma relief for US war veterans. Gurudev also has about 700 schools that provide free education in India. This has led to the empowerment of underprivileged students to become productive citizens.
- Bharat Shiromani Award, New Delhi, India, 2005
- Order of the Pole Star, Mongolia, 2006
- Sant Shri Dnyaneshwara World Peace Prize, Pune, India, 2007
- Ranked fifth most powerful leader in India, Forbes 2009
- Crans Montana Forum Award, Brussels, 24 June 2011
- Padma Vibhushan, 2016
Social Media Links:
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/srisri
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gurudev
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/srisri
- Website: https://www.artofliving.org/in-en