The Linux foundation every year publishes jobs report of technologies and people working for open source. As per the reports published every year, demand for talented people working for opensource is increasing year by year and use of Linux is also increasing every year.
Android is one such example where we see’s that use of Linux has increased many folds in past decade.
The latest open-source jobs report has been published by Linux Foundation for the year 2018. The key findings of that report as per Linux Foundation website are as below,
- Hiring open source talent is a priority for 83% of hiring managers, an increase from 76% in 2017.
- Linux is back on top as the most in-demand open source skill category, making it required knowledge for most entry-level open source careers.
- Containers are rapidly growing in popularity and importance, with 57% of hiring managers seeking that expertise, up from only 27% last year.
- There’s a gulf between the views of hiring managers and IT pros on the effectiveness of efforts to improve diversity in the industry.
- Hiring managers are moving away from hiring outside consultants, and opting to train existing employees on new open source technologies and help them gain certifications.
The Jobs report is FREE to download, but you need to submit your name, E-mail Id etc on the Linux Foundation website and you can download the same from https://www.linuxfoundation.org/publications/2018/06/open-source-jobs-report-2018/