Jiddu Krishnamurti was a philosopher, speaker, and writer. His interests included psychology, the nature of the mind, meditation, and social interactions. J. Krishnamurthi believed that religious organizations cannot lead human beings to the truth. After his passing, the Krishnamurti Foundation Trust spreads his teachings via its YouTube channel.
Life before fame:
Jiddu Krishnamurti was born in 1895 in a small town in south India. During his very young age, he and his brother were adopted by Dr. Annie Besant, then president of the Theosophical Society. It was believed that Krishnamurti was to be a world teacher which was predicted by Theosophists. Following this, the Order of the Star in the East was formed and Krishnamurti was made its head.
Walk into the limelight:
In 1929, Krishnamurti dissolved the organization and returned all the collected donations. After this, he traveled the world for almost six decades, discussing the change needed for the betterment of mankind. He strongly believed that religious organizations are the dividing factor among mankind. Mr. Krishnamurti insisted on mankind first. Along with this, he also had a strong bond with nature. His talks always included environmental protection. Being an exceptional orator, he had the quality of talking to each individual in his mass gatherings.
- At the Feet of the Master (1910)
- The Kingdom of Happiness (1928)
- The Pool of Wisdom (1928)
- The First and Last Freedom (1954)
- Commentaries on Living (1956–1960)
- Freedom from the Known (1969)
- Krishnamurti’s Notebook (1976)
- Krishnamurti’s Journal (1982)
- Krishnamurti to Himself (1987)
Social Media Links:
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/KFoundation
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jk.krishnamurti
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/orgKrishnamurti
- Website: https://www.jkrishnamurti.in/