Prerequisite : Before starting, a bootup picture will be needed with below specs: BMP format, should be one of:
- 16bit RGB565 BMP format
- 24bit RGB888 BMP format
- Resolution <= 1080P (1920 * 1080)
Here, we will use the centred image with resolution as, 360*360px. Check with your android device what is the resolution its using for creating boot logo.
To create bootup.bmp, follow below procedure,
- Open image you want to show as bootup logo with gimp, ( Select Image, Right Click, Open with Gimp )
- From Menu, “Image” -> “Scale Image” to 360*360.
- From Menu, “File” -> “Export Image” .
- From “All Export Image”, select “Windows BMP Image”
- Click “Export”
- From Opened Dialog, Click “Compatibility Options” and Select “Do not write color space information”
- From Advanced Options, Select “16 Bits -> R5 G6 B5” and click “Export”
- You should see “bootup.bmp” created.
- type “file bootup.bmp” and you should see it as “data”
Now copy this bootup.bmp to your android and generate the images to flash which will use the updated boot logo.