Skip to content
- Yocto is designed to compile everything from source code.
- Yocto itself is not a Linux distribution, but it has everything using which we can create complete Linux distribution.
- Yocto can build independent packages which can be used to upgrade.
- Yocto provides mechanism for LICENSE verification and validation.
- Yocto requires no admission processes, contracts, or membership fees, any individual or organisation can use and contribute to the project.
- The Yocto Project software is developed and designed using a collaborative effort by an open community of professionals and volunteers – collectively known as contributors.
- Yocto focuses on creating one build system infrastructure and technology that addresses the needs of all users.
- Yocto provides extensive tools for testing and verification.
- Yocto provides good documentation.