Kdenlive is a free and open-source video editing software for Linux, macOS, and Windows operating systems. It provides a user-friendly interface for editing videos, creating animations, and adding various effects to your videos.
Some of the key features of Kdenlive include:
- Non-linear video editing: Kdenlive allows you to edit your videos in a non-linear way, meaning you can add, remove or modify any part of your video timeline without affecting the rest of your project.
- Multiple track editing: With Kdenlive, you can add multiple video and audio tracks to your timeline, making it easy to create complex videos with multiple layers of content.
- Real-time effects and transitions: Kdenlive includes a variety of built-in effects and transitions that can be added to your videos in real-time. These include filters, color correction, and keyframe animation.
- Audio mixing: Kdenlive provides a built-in audio mixer that allows you to adjust the volume, balance, and effects of your audio tracks.
- Proxy editing: Kdenlive allows you to create lower-resolution proxy files of your video footage, making it easier to edit large video files on slower hardware.
Overall, Kdenlive is a powerful and feature-rich video editing software that is ideal for both professional and amateur video editors. With its intuitive interface and extensive features, it is a great choice for anyone looking to create high-quality videos.
So, lets get started with Kdenlive Video Editor by installing it on Ubuntu Linux as,
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kdenlive/kdenlive-stable
$ sudo apt-get upgrade
$ sudo apt-get install kdenlive
Now, you can start the Video Editor as,